University of Nebraska Kearney New Music Festival XV
March 11-12, 2016
The University of Nebraska Kearney is excited to announce its New Music Festival XV, being held on March 11-12, 2016 on the UNK campus in Kearney, Nebraska. Deadline for receipt is November 1, 2015. There is no fee to submit to the festival. If selected, participants are responsible for their own transportation and accommodations.
Call for Scores: Composers are invited to submit scores no more than 12 minutes in duration. Works involving electronics, graphic notation, and open instrumentation are welcome. There are three categories for submission:
Category 1: The guest ensemble for this year’s festival will be the Verismo Trio (www.verismotrio.com). Pieces for the following instrumentation (no duets or solos) will be accepted:
Flute (doubling piccolo and alto flute)
Saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor)
Category 2: UNK Faculty and Student Performers. Solo and chamber scores for subsets of the following instruments and voices:
UNK Faculty: Flute (doubling piccolo and alto), Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Trumpet, Euphonium/Tuba, Piano, Percussion (2), Mezzo-Soprano voice, Baritone voice.
UNK Students: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Saxophone (Soprano, Alto, Tenor), Piano, Violin, Cello, Double Bass, Electric Guitar, Electric Bass, Soprano voice, Mezzo-Soprano voice.
Category 3: Solo and Chamber works where the composer provides the performer or is the performer. This includes fixed media pieces as well.
The following should be sent to UNKnewmusic@gmail.com:
- PDF scores with the date of composition and duration. Composers may submit up to two (2) scores for consideration. Do not send parts at this time.
- Links to recordings. If no links are available, you may attach a sound file. MIDI files will be accepted.
- A PDF with the following information:
- Composer’s name, contact information, and a short bio.
- Program notes and performance history for all submitted scores.
- List of any technical needs.
Questions can be sent to UNKnewmusic@gmail.com
Deadline for receipt is November 1, 2015.